Wednesday 30 January 2013

Getting started.....where to begin

Now this first initial post will be HUGE! I will explain the reasons WHY I started this blog, and where I began. 
Blogs. Never really wanted to start one, never really interested at all either. But now things have changed. I am a Mum.

Everything changes when you become a first time parent. And I mean EVERYTHING!! You can pretty much say goodbye to your old care-free life, now you have a helpless human being to look after. And helpless is an understatement! They can not do a single thing for themselves. Exept poo. And spew. Crying...

If you want to prepare for children, get a litre of milk and leave it outside for a week. Once the week is over, tip a little bit on your self each day for a month, and ONLY use a wet wipe to remove it. Or your sleeve. Or possibly leave it there all day. Once you can handle that, grab a sack of potatos and cart it around with you to every single place you go, even around the home. If you don't think its too bad, you will probably enjoy a child.

In saying all of this though, I really would change nothing. Not a thing. Seriously! Being a mother is the absolute best job in the entire universe, watching your tiny baby grow into a tiny person, learning new things everyday and then practicing these skills to refine them. It is amazing.

Then there are things I have learnt too. Poo and spew ARE actually ok. They won't kill me if I touch them. In fact, even when he spewed on my FACE, it didn't harm me at all. Who would have thought huh?!


There are also things I realise I never knew. Looking after babies is easy! (Providing you happen to give birth to an awesome child!) Reilley is the most content, happy, smart little boy. Oh, and totally gorgeous! :) He is cool with just sitting on the floor by himself and playing while I get house work done. Along with having an awesome little bub here are a few of the other things I have learnt:
  • Lack of sleep is really not as bad as you think. (I have not slept better since having a baby!)
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • You can never have enough spew rags....
  • The amount of stuff you can get done while baby sleeps is amazing!!
  • The amount of things you can do with one hand is also amazing!!
  • You CAN have too many toys - and frankly, it's not necessary.
Im sure there are loads of other things I have learnt too but for now that will do. By creating this blog I hope to inspire someone. Anyone at all. Just a single person I do not know, and I will be satisfied. I would like to be able to provide the average Mum with some neat and handy ideas for helping to raise their children, as well as a few other random, fun, interesting bits and pieces. Home. Garden. Anything that I, as a half SAHM, half working mother, can do.

So in saying that, I will get my blog sorted out, work out what I am doing and hopefully come back with a shorter post! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment