Thursday 31 January 2013

The tooth hurts

My little bubby turned 6 months old today. Happy half birthday Reilley! To celebrate I got him a 2nd hand baby walker for only $10!. Bargain. I was going to get brand new but figured if he didn't like it I haven't wasted a lot of money. Good for the ol' hip pocket that!

I plonked him in and he didn't really get it. Not surprising considering it it yet another thing he has to learn! He will work it out anyway I'm sure. Baby has smarts!

He was in a grizzly, poop machine mood today too. Mum was babysitting while I had to work and he just wasn't the same happy baby I normally leave her with! Something was up. I thought maybe it was the change in formula perhaps? (Yes he is formula fed, not my initial choice but it had to happen). Later on in the night I get him gums again. They were super hard and lumpy earlier today but I wanted another feel to confirm there was no teeth.

Oooh sharp!! Huh? Hang on, sharp means teeth right? Oh my!! Reilley has sprouted a tooth!! His teething toys must have helped to break the gum. POOR BUBBY!!

'First time mummy' me decided to show her face and I went into overdrive!! Silly I know, but I just sort of got all worried!! Took his temp, it was a high 37.8, gave him panadol which he instantly threw up. 3 times. Worried he was too hot or too cold.....thirsty, but will it hurt his speck of a tooth?? Aaargh!! He was nothing. Just in a bit of pain and likely just not feeling great.

My advice for today - for people who like brand spanking new toys (like me) some second hand toys are great, so give them a go first!

Also, frozen teethers work an absolute treat! Especially the flatter ones. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment