Wednesday 30 January 2013

What made me start this whole blog....thing....


This basket of goodies is why I started this blog. Yep. A basket. It is called a treasure basket and I heard they are a hit with babies. Uh huh, not my baby who loves to play with something for a minute, then roll away to play with something else. OR find a tiny speck of something on the floor to play with.

Meh, what do I have to lose? I gathered a whole bunch of plastic items for Reilley to play with (this is a plastic themed basket) These items included:

  • Buckets and cups
  • Old CD
  • REALLY old film canister (for all you old folk around who know what film is!)
  • Tape measure
  • Plastic container with rice inside
  • Paperclip holder
  • PEZ dispenser
Thats it. I really couldn't find many more items that may be 'suitable' for a 6 month old to play with. Ahhhh what the hell, this will do! I plonked it in the middle of the lounge and waited for Reilley to wake.

2 hours later.....

FINALLY he woke, after a change and feed I placed him in front of his treasure basket. OHHHH I MUST SAY....I tried this the other day but he got distracted by his other toys lying around, so this time I took them ALL away.

Needless to say it was a hit! For a while. He pulled out the cup and basket first, banged them together for ages. I atually took them away after a while to get him more interested in exploring the basket. He went through and slowly picked out each item and played with them.


I sat back and watched as he inspected each item, turning it over and around, tasting it, waving it about. It was actually really fascinating to see him looking at these items so intently! His favourite items were the CD and tape measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment